The Maximus V GENE is the first 5th generation Maximus to launch, from the Republic of Gamers. It combines the new Intel Z77 chipset with the existing socket LGA1155, that’s suitable for existing 2nd Generation Core processors, like the i5-2500K, i7-2600K or i7-2700K, as well as future 3rd Generation Core processors.
The most powerful X79 motherboard has arrived! The Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79-based motherboard features tons of revolutionary overclocking features for enthusiasts to set new world records. This E-ATX motherboard supports the latest Socket LGA2011 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 Processors with ASUS’s new Extreme Engine Digi+ II, allowing you to achieve ultimate performance with adjustable CPU and memory power management frequencies. Support for up to 4-channel, 64GB of system memory with an 8-DIMM design maximizes the memory bandwidth to match the amazing CPU processing capability. 4-way SLI and CrossFireX support in combination with the PCIe 3.0 capabilities boosts the graphics performance to a new level.
OC Key is an ROG-designed device that connects to the DVI port of any graphics card to display performance and overclocking info on the screen independent of system resources. While overclocking in LN2 mode, Subzero Sense detects cooling system temperatures as low as -193?C so you can find out how cold your board is. ROG Extreme Engine Digi+ II and specially sourced high-grade capacitors ensure long lasting and high-endurance power delivery demanded by gamers and competitive overclockers. Plus, X-Socket saves more life out of your LGA1366 CPU coolers. ROG users also appreciate the exclusive features well-suited to overclocking such as VGA Hotwire, ROG Connect, GPU.DIMM Post, ROG iDirect, and more.
Asus Republic of Gamers x79
The Republic of Gamers consists only the best of the best. ASUS offers the best hardware engineering, the fastest performance, the most innovating ideas, and welcomes the best gamers to join in. In the Republic of Gamers, mercy rules are only for the weak, and bragging rights means everything.
The Rampage IV Extreme Battlefield 3 aims to fulfill PC enthusiasts’ needs towards superior performance. The Rampage IV Extreme/Battlefield3 motherboard supports the latest LGA 2011 socket for 2nd generation Intel Core i7 and Extreme Edition Processors, and it ships with some truly revolutionary advanced features. New is the OC Key, a dongle device that allows you to monitor and adjust system settings in real-time, even while in-game without any extra software needed while the X-Socket feature allows you to keep using a LGA 1366 CPU cooler on a X79 Rampage IV Extreme/Battelfiled3 motherboard, saving you your hard earned cash. Tactical video support is available for 4-Way SLI and CrossFireX, which helps drive home the smoothest gaming experience. With great performance excellence, it’s time to dominate the Battlefield.
PCIE 3.0 READY
The latest PCI Express bus standard delivers imporved encoding for twice the performance of current PCIe 2.0. Total bandwidth for a x16 link reaches a maximum of 32GB/s, double the 16GB/s of PCIe 2.0 (in x16 mode). PCIe 3.0 provides users unprecedented data speeds combined with the convenience and seamless transition offered by complete backward compatibility with PCIe1.0 and PCIe 2.0 devices. It is a must-have feature PC users aiming to improve and optimize graphics performance, as well as have the latest, most future-proof technology.
EXTREME ENGINE DIGI+ II
The Extreme Engine Digi+ II has been upgraded and equipped with the finest Japan-made 10K Black metallic capacitors, while the digital VRM design allows you to achieve ultimate performance with adjustable CPU and memory power management frequencies. Precise adjustments create greater efficiency, stability, five times longer lifespan than solid capacitors* and performance for total system control. (*At operating temperature of 105°C).
ROG OC KEY
Monitor the status of your system in real-time with OSD Monitor while tweak the parameters with OSD TweakIt, both come with a convenient graphical overlay displayed right on screen. OSD Monitor allows you to view POST codes in real-time, complete hardware status and even the readout from VGA Hotwire and Subzero Sense, all at a pure hardware level. And, OSD TweakIt provides you with a set of critical and hardware-driven functions so you can tweak your system on-the-fly.
Love to overvolt but got mad trimming the tiny variable resistors? With the VGA Hotwire feature, plug the two-wire cable onboard and solder two wires on the VGA’s voltage regulator and accurately adjust the voltage, taking your system to the next level while avoiding some risks.
Love overclocking in LN2 mode, but have trouble finding out just how cold your board is? Worry no more, with Subzero Sense you can read the system’s temperature even in its coldest subzero degrees temperature.
Don’t junk that expensive LGA1366 heatsink! With X-Socket, switch out the LGA2011 pad for a 1366 one and get more life out of your previous CPU cooler.
Asus ROG x79 Motherboard Specs
- Brand: ASUS
- Model: Rampage IV Extreme
- CPU Socket Type: LGA 2011
- CPU Type: Core i7 (LGA2011)
- Supported CPU Technologies: Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- North Bridge: Intel X79
- Number of Memory Slots: 8×240pin
- Memory Standard: DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066
- Maximum Memory Supported: 64GB
- Channel Supported: Quad Channel
- PCI Express 3.0 x16: 5 (x16, x16, x16, x16, x8)
- PCI Express x1: 1
- SATA 3Gb/s: 4
- SATA 6Gb/s:4 x SATA 6Gb/s
- SATA RAID: 2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), red and 4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), black support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- Onboard Video Chipset: None
- Audio Chipset: Realtek ALC898
- Audio Channels: 8 Channels
- Max LAN Speed: 10/100/1000Mbps
- Form Factor: Extended ATX
- Dimensions: 12″ x 10.7″
- Power Pin: 24 Pin
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
Rear Panel Ports
- PS/2: 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- USB 1.1/2.0: 8 x USB 2.0 (one port can be switched to ROG Connect)
- USB 3.0: 4 x USB 3.0
- eSATA: 2 x eSATA 6Gb/s
- S/PDIF Out: 1 x Optical
- Audio Ports: 5 Ports
Internal I/O Connectors
- Onboard USB: 4 x USB 3.0 + 4 x USB 2.0
- 2 x CPU Fan connector(s)
- 3 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
- 3 x Optional Fan connector(s)
- 1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
- 1 x System panel(s)
- 1 x OC Key header(s)
- 1 x OT header(s)
- 2 x Subzero Sense connector(s)
- 1 x Slow Mode switch(es)
- 7 x ProbeIt Measurement Points
- 3 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
- 1 x LN2 Mode header(s)
- 1 x Q Reset switch(es)
- 2 x EZ Plug connector(s) (4-pin in white for memory DIMMs; 6-pin in black for PCIe slots)
- 1 x Power-on button(s)
- 1 x Reset button(s)
- 1 x Go Button(s)
- 1 x BIOS Switch button(s)
- Features: 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 processor family for the LGA 2011 Socket
- Intel X79 Express Chipset
- X-Socket – Get more life out of your LGA1366 CPU coolers
- OC Key – The key to real time monitoring and overclocking!
- Subzero Sense – Find out how cold your board is
- VGA Hotwire – Hotwire your system